We didn’t start as a recording studio for nothing. At Sound80, we have the audio production facilities and engineering talent to accommodate any project. From commercial spots to corporate events we specialize in voice-over, ADR and Foley recording services as well as mixing for television, film, radio and web. We have an endless music and sound effects library, offer complete sound design services and can utilize or deliver nearly any audio file format. With an amazing view thirty-six flights above downtown Minneapolis, you’ll find everything you need in our top-of-the-line studios including:
- 10’ x 17’ VO, ADR, Foley and Drum Booth
- Additional 6’ x 6’ diamond shaped VO booth
- ProTools10 LE / LogicProX ProTools10 HD / ProTools C24 control surface
- Phone patch or ISDN available for VO and ADR recording
- Video playback
- Paradigm Reference Monitors and a selection of nearfields
- Focusrite ISA mic pre-amplifier
- Extensive mic locker
- Oxygen88 & 61 MIDI controllers
- Extensive assortment of virtual instruments and plugins
- 5.1 surround available
About Sound Engineer Jim May
They say a studio is only as good as the engineer behind the glass, and we are proud to have one of the best at Sound80. Jim May has been in the recording business for decades. From Bajus-Jones/74thStStudio (under the tutelage of the great Paul Martinson), James Productions, Trail Mix and now Sound80, Jim has serviced film and television producers, ad agencies, music publishers and animation studios. He has extensive work mixing spots for television and radio and has created sound design and original music for motion pictures and commercials. An award-winning composer, Jim has also served as producer, recordist, arranger, mixer, editor and mastering engineer on a wide variety of albums. In a nutshell, the projects Jim has fostered are too countless to list.
Contact us to schedule studio time.